Argan oil is extracted from the kernels of the argan tree (Argania spinosa). Native to Morocco Argan oil known for its golden colour remains one of the rarest oils in the world due to the small and very specific growing areas. Argan oil contains vitamin E, antioxidants and essential fatty acids. There are two grades of Argan oil, namely: culinary and cosmetic. In recent times argan oil has become increasingly popular because of its use in cosmetics. When applied externally, argan oil is known to;
- Smooth and moisturize your lips, add a few drops of argan oil and vanilla extract to fine brown sugar. Lightly massage into lips using circular motion and rinse off.
- Add a few drops of argan oil directly onto your skin, into the bath or body lotion. It’s safe to use on a baby and to help minimize stretch marks during pregnancy.
- Control overproduction of acne-causing sebum and soothes the inflammation brought about by acne; also prevents the ugly scars acne can leave behind.
- Nourish and moisturizes dry, scaly, flaky skin and protects against infection.
- Argan oil can eliminate wrinkles and other skin degenerations. The presence of unsaturated fatty acids and Squalene on the Argan oil makes it very effective in fighting free radicals that causes skin aging.
Argan oil can be used as cooking oil, a better alternative for olive oil. It can also be used as a condiment and makes a healthy ingredient for salad dressings. Due to its nutritional value, many people want Argan oil to be a part of their healthy diet. Argan oil can effectively regulate a person’s cholesterol level. And its anti- inflammatory properties have showed great developments in preventing and curing cardiovascular problems as well as reducing arthritis pains.
Used internally, argan oil is known to prevent various cancers like prostate cancer; it can also, improves circulation, stabilizes blood sugar, strengthens the body’s immune system and prevents or reverses other diseases.
Argan oil can be found at any health food store and can be very expensive. But, nothing is too expensive if you want a healthy skin, hair and improvement in your health.