The Health Benefits Of Consuming Garbanzo Beans (Chickpeas)
If you are looking for the perfect weight loss food, garbanzo beans popularly known as chickpeas is the right choice for you, as it controls the appetite and make you eat less because it is an excellent source of fibre. Chickpeas were first consumed over seven thousand years ago and was originated in the Middle East. Chickpeas is known for its delicious nutty taste and is a main ingredient in many Indian dishes and can be found in many varieties and Colours but many people know it for its beige colour and butter like texture.
Chickpeas are an excellent source of soluble and insoluble fibre, protein, folic acid, manganese, iron, calcium, copper and magnesium, it is commonly used in stews, salads, sauces and vegetables, it is fat free, sodium free and saturated fat free. Who wouldn’t want this vegetable that is a part of the legume family as a part of their diet? In fact, this is one of the many beans that can be eaten as a part of the Paleo diet, a diet that restricts the intake of certain foods for an effective weight loss.
Health Benefits Of Chickpeas:-
- It lowers the risk of heart disease
- Cleanse the liver
- Strenghtens the immune system and prevents infections
- Reduces the symptoms of menopause in women like hot flashes
- Controls blood sugar levels
- Cleanse the kidney
- Fights against wrinkles
- Chickpeas can be used as an exfoliate for the skin just by mixing it with turmeric powder and milk and apply the paste to the face, let it stand for about fifteen (15) minutes then wash off
- It lowers the risk of cancer
- Protects the body from heart attack
- Prevents stroke
- Prevents constipation
- Promotes strong and healthy bones and prevents diseases like osteoporosis
Chickpeas can be found canned in supermarkets, its benefits have been proven by many researchers, both vegetarians and dieter’s love it, and if you haven’t tried it yet, you should do it now!