Angelica is commonly known as the “holy spirit root” or the “oil of angels” because of its healing powers.
Angelica is cultivated and used in many European countries, as well as China, for its medicinal properties.
Angelica oil has antispasmodic, carminative, depurative, digestive, diuretic, hepatic, emmenagogue, expectorant, stimulant and tonic properties.
Angelica is a tall aromatic plant of the parsley family that has large leaves and yellowish-green flowers.
It is popularly used in cooking and as an herbal medicine as was mentioned before.
- Angelica has a long history of use in supporting respiratory conditions such as colds, coughs, and sinus problems.
- Angelica oil relieves spasms and gives relief from the painful symptoms associated with contractions in the respiratory tracts, severe coughs, cramps, obstructed blood circulations, stomach and chest pain.
- Its carminative properties alleviates problems related to excessive gas, such as indigestion, stomach aches, headaches, cramps, flatulence, nausea.
- It increases urination and prevents infections
- It contains diaphoretic properties which means it promotes perspiration and thus helps to remove toxins from the body and perspiration helps to increase potassium in the blood and thus reduce blood pressure, lowers fat content, and decreases weight
- It is known to purify the blood
- It protects the liver from infections
- Promotes regular menstruation in women and relieves symptoms associated with it like abdominal discomfort, cramping and breast tenderness
- Treats anemia
- Treats skin problems like psoriasis
- It is a remarkable healer for scars wounds and bruises. Just by mixing five (5) drops of angelica oil with ten (10 ml) or (2 tsp) of a vegetable oil like almond, and apply three times a day for the first few weeks then once every day until cured. Special care must be taken after use, as sunlight must be limited.
- Angelica oil is especially effective on the digestive system. It stimulates the release of digestive acids, which enables better breakdown of the food provided, and betters absorption of its nutrients
- Angelica oil is good for promoting relaxation as well. It calms overactive muscles and nerves, which can release tension and anxiety resulting from stress. It also helps to clear the mind of negative thoughts, and can support a more positive mood and outlook. It may be used to encourage deeper, more restful sleep by promoting peace of mind
The health benefits of angelica oil are endless and the ones mentioned above are just a few.