Sesame seed oil, is a vegetable oil produced from sesame seeds and is used as a cooking oil or flavouring and even as a medicine, enriched with antioxidants and polyunsaturated fats an oil that is yellow in colour with a nut like flavour.
Sesame seeds are one of the first crops processed for oil and is popularly used in Asia and is traditionally used for massage too.
Sesame seeds are packed with fiber, calcium, copper, magnesium, thiamin, manganese, protein, vitamin B6 and phosphorus and have been used for thousands of years for its medicinal benefits and is touted for its nutritional value and oil form.
Sesame seed oil is an anti-inflammatory, anti-fungal and antibacterial and is used in India as a healing oil and have been popularly used to treat chronic diseases like diabetes, hepatitis, migraines, maintains good cholesterol and lowers bad cholesterol thus protecting the body from heart disease and heart attack, in fact, sesame seed oil can provide benefits for the skin, teeth and bones.
- Sesame seed oil can be used as a nose drop to cure chronic sinusitis and treats the common cold when used as a gargle
- Sesame seed oil can be mixed with warm water to control vaginal yeast infections when used as a douche
- The oil is known to cure skin problems like psoriasis and eczema
- Protects the skin from sunburns
- Reduces plaque by swishing the oil in the mouth
- Reduces blood pressure
- Prevents cancer
- Protects the bones from diseases like osteoporosis
- Improve and maintain a healthy colon
- Prevents asthma
- Prevents rheumatoid arthritis
- Reduces stress
- Detox the body
- Aids in weight loss
- Improve complexion
- Slows down skin aging and improves blood circulation
With regards to skin benefits, people who have oily skin will not appreciate it but nevertheless it removes toxins and protect the skin from free radicals which is helpful for all skin types.
Sesame seed oil has numerous health benefits and must be consumed or used externally to achieve its benefits.