Frankincense oil is extracted by steam distillation from the oleo gum resin from the Boswellia carteri tree, of the Burseraceae family, is also known as Olibanum, and is originated from the Middle East.
The Hebrews valued Frankincense highly, it was one of the gifts offered to Baby Jesus so we all know that frankincense have a long history of use.
Frankincense oil contains antiseptic, astringent, carminative, cicatrisant, cytophylactic, digestive, diuretic, emmenagogue, expectorant, sedative, tonic, uterine, vulnerary and expectorant properties and treats any health condition it is also an ingredient in skin care products for aging and dry skin.
- Frankincense oil has many benefits, it strengthens gums, hair roots, tones and lifts skin, contracts muscles, intestines and blood vessels, and thereby gives protection from premature loss of teeth and hair.
- Frankincense oil helps to heal boils, infected wounds, acne, circulatory problems, insomnia, and various types of inflammation.
- This lovely oil treats or regulates gynecologic conditions that can lead to complicated dysfunctions in women.
- Frankincense oil reduces blood pressure levels
- Frankincense oil can be masssged into the joints and diffused or inhaled through steam daily to treat arthritis.
- It can be used to treat genital warts by just adding a dab of oil to the wart once a day until it disappears
- Frankincense oil helps fade scars from acne, stretch marks, and surgery.
- It can be applapplied the lower back to ease pain during pregnancy and labour.
- Apply 1 drop on nails to help strengthen brittle or weak fingernails
Overall frankincense oil is touted for treating aging, insect bites, any respiratory illness or disease, diarrhea, diphtheria, gonorrhea, headaches, hemorrhaging, herpes, jaundice, laryngitis, meningitis, nervous conditions, prostate, pneumonia, sciatic pain, sores, spiritual awareness, stress, syphilis, tension, tonsillitis, wounds, pineal and pituitary gland function, increases leukocyte activity, defending against infection and strengthens the immune system and is considered safe to use.