Wheat germ oil is extracted from the germ of the wheat kernel by cold expression. Wheat germ is the embryo of the wheat kernel.
It is one portion of the wheat kernel that is removed when it is processed into refined flour; it has a thick consistency and a strong aroma.
Simply drizzle the oil on your salad, cereal, pasta, oatmeal, or yogurt. Native to the United States but has now cultivated all over the world like China, Europe and Africa, known for its numerous health benefits.
- Health benefits of this oil include improving the overall working of the heart. Research has shown beneficial effects of octacosanol and specifically policosanol in improving cardiovascular functions. Policosanol has been found to be effective in controlling production of cholesterol by the liver. It is believed to raise the level of ‘good’ cholesterol and reduce that of ‘bad’ cholesterol.
- When applied externally, wheat germ oil treats dry areas of the skin, scars, stretch marks, dermatitis, and wrinkles.
- Wheat germ oil works wonders on skin conditions like eczema, inflammations, psoriasis, and ulcers.
- It increases blood circulation, which reduces the risk of many health conditions like arthritis, and it promotes a healthy skin.
- Wheat germ oil contains vitamin B, which helps in repairing tissue damage and helps in tissue growth.
- Wheat germ oil is advisable even for pregnant women as it has many benefits and it prevents from birth defects.
- Regular consumption of wheat germ oil gives you a healthy, long and disease free life. It prevents many diseases, reduces stress, and makes you energetic.
Wheat germ oil has high vitamin E content and so it can be used to treat vitiligo. Applying this oil on skin can prevent and treat vitiligo. Wheat germ supplements can be purchased in capsule or tablet form at most health food stores worldwide.