Black pepper is one of the most common spices used in different cuisines around the world.
The unripe, sun-dried peppercorns (fruit) are used for the extraction of this oil by steam distillation.
Black pepper oil contains analgesic, antiseptic, antispasmodic, antitoxic, aphrodisiac, diaphoretic, digestive, diuretic, febrifuge, laxative, rubefacient and tonic properties.
Black pepper is also enriched with minerals and vitamins like calcium, manganese, iron, vitamin-K, beta-carotene, phosphorus, potassium, and selenium
The black pepper plant is native to India, Malaysia, Madagascar, China, and Indonesia. Black pepper is known to treat many health conditions and its oil is no different.
- Black pepper oil, known for its carminative properties helps to remove gas in the stomach and in the intestines and aids to inhibit bacteria that is responsible for the formation of gas.
- Black pepper oil, when consumed, increases perspiration and urination. Both of which plays an important role in the removal of toxins from the body, clearing of the pores on the skin, and disinfecting the body at the same time.
- Black pepper is very effective in curing bacterial infections in the mouth, colon, digestive system, and urinary tract.
- It also aids in weight loss and lowers blood pressure.
- Antibacterial properties present in black pepper oil are used for treating disorders of the respiratory system.
- Black pepper oil is helpful in improving dental health as it helps to fight against tooth decay and aids in the quick relief of toothache.
- Black pepper oil is helpful in treating skin disease like virtiligo. Vitiligo is a skin disease characterized by loss of skin pigment, research have been proven that an active compound in black pepper may stimulate repigmentation of the skin.
- Black pepper oil can be applied topically to relieve aching and tired muscles and joints.
- Black pepper oil can also stimulate the appetite.
Black pepper oil is light amber to yellow-green in colour and must not be used by pregnant women without consulting a health care provider and it can cause irritation to sensitive skin.